You may be the next Steffi Graf or Venus Williams, or you may be the most serious social player on the court, but a good tennis shoe is essential to avoid twisted ankles or a twisted serve.
The Asics Gel-Resolution 7 woman’s tennis shoe fits in the stability line.
It is designed to maximize stability during lateral movements but is still comfortable. It comes with FlexionFit upper material and has a toe protector.
The shoes have a gel cushioning system that lessens the shock on impact and have a padded tongue and collar for additional comfort.
They also feature the AHAR+ non-marking outsole for a more durable shoe that won’t leave scuff marks on the clay court.
In this review, we will look at the pros and cons of these Asics Women’s Gel-Resolution 7 shoes and help you to decide if these shoes are worthy to accompany you onto the tennis court when you work on your serves or victory dance.
- This is a lace-up shoe made from a synthetic fabric combination
- It has a rubber sole
- It has a padded tongue and collar
- Made with FlexionFit uppers, for supportive, comfortable shoes for women with added midfoot support
- These shoes have a P-guard toe protector
- They have a rearfoot and front foot gel cushioning system that attenuates shock during impact and toe-off phases but also allows for movement as your foot moves
- They come with an AHAR+ High abrasion non-marking outsole
- The shoes are available in 8 different color options
- These shoes are very comfortable
- They are great for stability and absorb impact well
- Provide excellent control on the court
- Available in a wide range of color combinations to suit your taste
- Provide good support to the back and knee on hard impact
- They provide good movement and grip on the court and does not slip
- Additional features – such as padding – to protect your toes from impact from above or below
- They are more cushioned but less laterally supportive than similar tennis shoes
- It has less noticeable arch support
- The fit is narrow and tight
- The toe box is shallow
- They are a little heavier than other shoes
- It does not fit well if you have a high instep
These shoes are designed for tennis specifically, they have a lower flatter sole to support your feet during all the lateral and start-stop movements on the court.
The shoes are very comfortable even if you are a very eager player that puts a lot of strain on your feet on the court.
They don’t need a long time to be broken in. The key element in terms of the positives is their comfort and stability (thank the gel system for all that comfort).
These shoes are stable on the court but are also very soft and comfortable when you go hard after a difficult return shot.
The Asics Gel-Resolution 7 are available in standard white color (for the traditionalists) but are also available in seven other color combination options to suit your unique style and preference.
They do have a narrow design and the fit is tight with a shallow toe box.
Depending on your feet this could either be a pro or a con. They do not have much arch support and will not fit well if you have a high instep.
These shoes are a little heavier than most other tennis shoes for women but provide good stability and comfort.
They have added support for lateral movements on the court which makes the shoe stiffer and a little narrower than most other tennis shoes.
It is one of the most comfortable choices in tennis shoes and is a good upgrade of Asics’ previous model.
This popular tennis shoe has been upgraded with a new range of color options and is durable and more robust than lighter shoes.
Stability and comfort are the key elements of the Asics Gel-Resolution 7 Women’s tennis shoes and will be a good choice if your feet tend to move around and feel pain after a few hours of good tennis.
Good lateral stability and a heavier comfortable shoe will suit you well.
On the other hand, if you have a high instep, need some additional arch support, or need some space around your toes, this shoe might be too tight.
You will need to be sure of the size and fit of these shoes and may need to consider a slightly larger size than usual.
These shoes will work for the lady on the court that needs stability and comfort while chasing her next six love victory.
My name is Reagen and I started AllTennisGear (earlier AllTennisShoes) as a way to share my humble experience and help new Tennis players. Thank you for spending a few minutes of your day here and know that your feedback is always welcome.