Summer is here! And with summer comes the best weather for outdoor games. All of the sports- lovers are coming out of hibernation, and gathering their rackets, balls, and sports bags to get back into the game.
Tennis players are among the crowds too, but they’re packing their bags with a different item: compression socks. Every tennis player knows that compression socks are a must, and are the key to good foot and calf health, on and off the court.
So, we’ve done some research for tennis lovers, and found the compression socks needed for a great game.
Compression Socks Reviews
ADLU Compression Socks
ADLU has designed compression socks to promote blood flow and good circulation in the feet and calf area. ADLU’s compression socks are designed as crew-fit socks, and have gotten lots of good reviews from customers for a variety of different reasons. We think the ADLU compression socks make a good first impression. Let’s dive into the specifics to see what they’re really about.
A good first contender, ADLU’s compression socks provide the right amount of compression in the right places. We like how the crew fit is more versatile for users, not too high and not too low on the calf. ADLU also designed these socks to be extra comfortable, which they are, and have double-reinforced cloth and stitching in areas like the heels and toes. This helps to keep those high friction areas strong and durable throughout even the toughest of sports. The ADLU compression socks were also very breathable.
One thing the ADLU compression socks are a bit lacking in is the fact that there’s only one size available. We get that a compression sock is supposed to be tight, but you can’t really say a 7.5 size in women’s socks can comfortably fit a size 11 in men’s. It’s just too tight to be comfortable, and leave extra stress marks above the sock on the calves. So, before buying in bulk, make sure to try one to see if it fits your foot.
- COMFORTABLE DESIGN:Cushion terry foot for extra impact protection,reinforced heel and toe for durability in high-wear areas,non-slip and shock-absorbing.Calf compression designed to improve the circulation of oxygenated blood into the regions of the calf and shin,provide the support and functionality required for the reduction of muscle fatigue and alleviate swelling after exercise.Both to ensure the protection needed for exercise,but also take into account the daily needs of comfort.
- KEEP HEALTH: Material:65%cotton 25% nylon 10%spandex.Moisture wicking, lightweight, quick drying with breathable mesh zones to improve airflow, can prevent the growth of bacteria and fungus effectively, keep feet dry, each of these properties help promote foot health. And it has high wear resistance and strength,will not be easily damaged, is your trusted product.
- MULTI PURPOSE: Designed for everyday use and boost your performance for any sport activity,like cycling,running,walking,hiking,gym,playing basketball/rugby/tennis/soccer,or jobs that require you to be on your feet a lot and MORE,like nurses, doctors,teachers,chefs,line workers, retail workers,frequent travelers.
- SIZE:One size fits all, mens US shoe size 6-11, womens US shoe size 7.5-12;
- WHAT YOU CAN GET: We'll only provide you with best product and service, if you don't absolutely love your socks for any reason, let us know and we'll refund your money back or send you a replacement! Add your socks to your basket, to experience the ADLU customer satisfaction phenomenon!
- Crew-fit gives a good amount of compression coverage
- Comes with two pairs
- Light-weight and breathable
- One-size-fits-all actually doesn’t fit all
- Pricey for two pairs of socks
HUSO Compression Ankle Socks
Next up are the HUSO compression ankle socks. The HUSO compression ankle socks are the ones that look the most different on this list because they cover until just above the ankle. Regardless, these socks have gotten lots of good reviews from customers, and many actually recommend them whole-heartedly to other future buyers.
Because the HUSO compression ankle socks cut off at the ankle (as the name says), these socks are great for if you want to have less compression, or to focus it solely on your feet. We appreciated the extra comfortable design with the sweat-wicking fabric, and feel like HUSO really nailed it with the solid support given to the foot arch in these. Another level of comfort is added with the seamless toe area, and the deep heel cups keep the socks in place throughout all levels of the game.
We noticed that HUSO compression socks were very durable during the game and even off the court, but couldn’t handle the washer and started to get some light lint on the ankle area after a couple of washes. As the most expensive socks on the list, we felt like this shouldn’t be an issue with such a high-quality pair of socks.
- Compression starts from mid foot to plantar fascia to offer arch support and provide more comfort and protection.
- HIGH PERFORMANCE SOCKS use dri fit fabric to wick sweat away and resist odors, thus keeping your feet dry and cool for health all the time.
- LIGHTLY PADDED at the heel and toe to enhance comfort and eliminate abrasion as well as foot stress.
- DEEP HEEL CUP keeps the socks from slipping off while specific left and right design making them fit perfectly to your feet.
- ONE SIZE fits US sock size 9-13. Each pair is packed in an individual zip-bag, making them best gift socks for New Year, Wedding, Birthday, Anniversary and Holiday.
- Comes in different colors
- Very deep heel cups to help socks stay in place
- Cuff at the top keeps socks firm
- Available in quantities of 1,2,3,4, and 6
- May start to pill after a few washes
- Also very expensive
SB SOX Compression Socks
For our third player, we have the SB SOX compression socks. The SB SOX company is a game changer in this list, and offers a wide variety of compression wear, including compression knee sleeves and even a lighter version of these socks with less compression. Let’s take a look at the details regarding these socks.
The SB SOX compression socks are the real deal when it comes to providing thorough coverage of the feet and calves. They go up until almost the knee, and provide graduated compression that feels most firm around the foot, then tapers off at the calves. We also loved that the SB SOX kept the traditional colors of black and white, but also added some fun with other vibrant colors and cute patterns.
We noticed one tiny problem with the SB SOX compression socks, though. They have a seam along the toe area. This could lead to blistering in the toes if you use the socks during difficult and high-impact workouts or games.
- FINALLY - COMPRESSION SOCKS THAT FIT JUST RIGHT - Tired of wasting money on overpriced compression socks that just aren't sized right? We are too - which is why we designed our compression socks to provide the perfect compression (20-30mmHg), smoothly fit your calves/legs, and cover 4 different sizes with a wide range of calf circumferences and shoe sizes including yours (see the 3rd image for the size chart)! You will LOVE our compression socks!
- IMPROVED BLOOD CIRCULATION WITH GRADUATED COMPRESSION - Our graduation compression technology (20-30mmHg) provides the ideal compression to provide the maximum boost to your blood circulation. Better oxygen circulation provided by our compression socks helps reduce lactic acid build up and aids muscle recovery in your calf, ankle, feet, and legs. Why let yourself suffer any longer? Let our compression socks help you promote recovery, reduce injury, and feel great again!
- #1 RECOMMENDED DESIGN: PREMIUM CONSTRUCTION AND COMFORT - Our graduated compression socks (20-30 mmHg) are recommended by doctors and preferred by trainers. The reinforced/cushioned heel and toe support provide unmatched comfort. We carefully designed and manufactured our compression socks to provide premium support, comfort, and relief without compromising your mobility. Form fitting, lightweight, and breathable fabric features maintain joint stability regardless of activity.
- THE BEST FIT AND COMFORT FOR ATHLETIC, TRAVEL & DAILY WEAR - Available in 4 different sizes to ensure you receive the focused support and muscle fatigue relief that you need. Designed with lightweight, durable, and breathable fabric - especially great if you are on your feet for long periods of time. The anti-odor and anti-static fabric stops the growth of bacteria and fungus, while wicking moisture/sweat away from your feet. Deodorizes and keeps you dry even with longer use.
- GREAT INVESTMENT FOR YOUR FEET/LEGS (GREAT GIFT IDEA TOO!) - We spend so much time on our feet yet tend to neglect our feet/legs. Why settle for anything less than fast relief at a great value? And while you are at it, grab a few pairs for your family, friends, or loved ones as a gift that is functional and beneficial to their health! Also, a great gift to runners, athletes, fitness workouts, hiking, tennis, cycling, office workers, airplane travelers, or anyone on their feet all day!
- Available in four sizes
- Very cost-efficient
- Comes in different colors and patterns
- Toes are not seamless; could lead to blistering
Laneco Compression Socks
For our next pick, we tried the Laneco compression socks. The Laneco socks are backed by literally hundreds of positive reviews from customers who tried them, all voicing the same exceptional qualities. We had to try them for ourselves, so here’s a detailed review of the Laneco compression socks.
The Laneco compression socks offer complete coverage of all areas that are susceptible to poor circulation, all the way from the upper calves down to your toes. The Laneco socks are also made with very lightweight fabric that was perfect during summer and winter alike, but still gave a good amount of firm compression. We loved the firmness of the cuff on top; not too tight to cut off circulation, but not too loose that the sock slips down. Another good quality about the Laneco socks was their cost. These socks cost much less than their competitors, but offer an equally satisfactory compression experience.
One thing we noticed about the Laneco compression socks was that, while there weren’t many bad reviews, the reviews that were bad were of people complaining of the size being too small for what they ordered. Many customers advised to buy a size bigger than your actual size to get a good fit for these socks.
- STIMULATE THE CIRCULATION AND FLOW OF BLOOD -Graduated compression technology (20-30mm Hg) provides the ideal compression in the ankle area and less in the calf area, to provide the maximum boost to your blood circulation. Not only prevent cramp, fatigue, swelling, but also help muscle recovery, varicose veins and diabetic. 2 pairs wrapped.
- VERSATILE BENEFITS AND PURPOSES -Perfect for athletes, runners, nurses and doctors, pregnant women, travelers- anyone on their feet all day. provides significant relief for aching leg, calf, ankles and feet. The anti-odor and anti-static fabric stops the growth of bacteria and fungus, while wicking moisture/sweat away from your feet. Deodorizes and keeps you dry even with longer use.
- PREMIUM CONSTRUCTION AND COMFORT -Made from lightweight premium nylon and spandex material for extreme durability, to provide premium support, comfort, and relief without compromising your mobility. The reinforced/cushioned heel and toe support provide unmatched comfort and also reduces muscle fatigue, especially if on your feet for long periods of time, traveling or all sports e.g. cross fit, skiing, running, hiking and more.
- GREAT GIFT FOR YOUR LEGS & FEET -Compression socks are supposed to have a very tight fit. It's recommended that you put them on by turning the inside out except for the toe part, and gradually roll them on. Available in 3 different colors and 2 sizes to ensure you receive the focused support and muscle fatigue relief that you need. Designed with lightweight, durable, and breathable fabric -especially great if you are on your feet for long periods of time.
- 100% Satisfaction Guarantee -90 days money back and lifetime technique support. Warm tips: In order to let customers purchase quality products and not cheated by fakes, we only offer refunds & exchanges for orders placed through Laneco.
- Available in two sizes
- Firm cuff at the top
- Sizes run a little small
Physix Gear Compression Socks
The final contenders for the best compression socks for tennis of 2018 are the Physix Gear compression socks. Physix Gear is a well-known company in the compression wear game, and offers multiple compression products, like low-cut compression socks and compression calf sleeves. Let’s dive right into the details of the Physix Gear compression socks.
The Physix Gear compression socks are a solid choice for people who need full compression. These socks are long, and cover until the lower knee area. We loved the firm compression given throughout the sock, and really felt that it was keeping circulation, especially in the calf area. The anti-bacterial cloth also takes care of any odors that come from wearing compression socks during a tennis match.
One thing worth mentioning is that the top cuff of these socks is just a little too tight. While it keeps the socks on firmly, after an extended time of wearing them, they start to hurt a bit. Plus, some customers complained that they leave marks on the skin after long periods of time. Compression socks should be tight, but in a comfortable way.
- STYLE AND CONFIDENCE ON YOUR LEGS - Finally! A Durable Compression Sock designed to last, without compromising quality or Comfort. Double stitched with Anti-Bacterial Fabric your legs will thank you. Feel the immediate Comfort and remarkable design of your new Stamina Long Sock Tights. The Perfect Work, Cycling, or Ski Socks. Quality stitched & Easy to get on even though they are a compression sock! They Wash well without losing compression keeping all the Excellent vascular toning benefits.
- BECAUSE PUSHING YOURSELF THAT EXTRA MILE MATTERS! Get your blood circulating in style! Great for relief of varicose veins, Calf Compression or other leg swelling issues. Use it every day night or both. Prevent Blood clots after surgery & Fits well unlike other Dr. prescribed Stiff varieties. The compression & support is perfectly located on Heel Foot Calves and the toe area wont squeeze your aching toe joints. Instant comfort support. Moisture wicking properties rapidly air dry in a few hours.
- TAKE YOUR GAME TO THE NEXT LEVEL - Comfortable material and careful construction. No stitches in places where they'll rub or rip together. Stay put Cuffs Soothing feeling at the bottom and sides of foot with no pinching seen with lesser quality socks without ankle support. Fall in love with your new Stamina socks easy to pull on. and they breath! Use in extremely hot weather crossfit through mud water wall/crawl/rope climbs and half marathons. Perfect for extreme races and long runs!
- GRAB CONTROL OF YOUR WELLBEING IN STYLE - An Excellent compression hose very durable with a fashionable look and variety colors available. Washable designed with Quality Lycra Fabric built for durability. Customers agree the comfort is amazing. Use them on a plane during that 9 hr flights or during that 6 mile walk Your durable 20 - 30 mmHg sleeves work with your routine. Feel the shock absorption effect instantly that really helps reduce fatigue and swelling in your lower leg.
- GET READY. TO BECOME A RAVING FAN! - We cut no corner in our product and will cut no corners in our support of you! You are making a very intelligent decision doing business with our company. We know you're a big deal and we'll only provide you with the finest product and service around or your MONEY BACK! Add your Stamina Compression Socks to your Cart and experience the Physix Gear Sport customer experience phenomenon! Add to cart now to begin the amazing journey!
- Firm graduated compression
- Available in different colors and sizes
- Cuff at the top of the sock is too tight
- Leaves marks on skin
- Expensive compared to others
With all of this in mind, we’ve decided which socks are the best compression socks for tennis is 2018. We combined customer reviews, overall comfort, rate of compression, prices, and the variety of styles available to come to our final pick.
The award for the best compression socks in 2018 for tennis has to go to the Laneco compression socks. These socks stood out among the rest because of their affordability, compression value, and wide variety of colors and sizes. They combine the good qualities found in other compression socks all into one affordable option. The Laneco compression socks are a great option overall for tennis players, and are sure to keep your feet in the best shape, on and off of the court.